Islamic charity chief joins top 5 bounty listApril 4, 2012
The founding member of the jihadist terror organization Lashkar-e-Taiba has a new $10 million bounty on his head. He joins only four other terrorists for whom the U.S. offers eight-figure bounties.
Voice of America reports that Hafiz Mohammad Saeed “currently heads the Jamaat-ud-Dawa charity which is largely seen as a front for the militant group.”
In that respect, Saeed is the only “charity” leader to make the top 5 list for biggest terror bounties. VOA offers this list:
Top U.S. Rewards for Justice Bounties
- Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaida leader – up to $25 million.
- Abu Du’a, senior leader of al-Qaida in Iraq – up to $10 million.
- Mullah Omar, Taliban leader – up to $10 million.
- Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, mastermind of 2008 Mumbai attacks – up to $10 million.
- Yasin al-Suri, senior al-Qaida facilitator based in Iran – up to $10 million.