U.K. snores as Islamic charity funds terrorismJanuary 15, 2013
Interpal, a British-Muslim group with documented ties to Hamas, continues to operate with impunity in London. The valuable Gatestone Institute has published a well-researched piece by Samuel Westrop (@samwestrop for Twitter users) compiling Interpal’s history of misdeeds.
Here are a few of the salient points from the Westrop’s article that should interest Money Jihad readers:
- Jamal Mohammad Tawil, a senior Hamas operative, signed for a $34K donation from Interpal in 2001.
- A 2002 Israeli investigation revealed that Interpal partnered with a Hamas affiliate.
- The U.S., Australia, and Canada have designated Interpal as a terrorist entity.
- The NEFA Foundation reported that Interpal is a member of the Union of Good, an internationally recognized network of charities that fund Hamas.
- A 2006 investigation by the BBC showed that Hamas-affiliated charities were receiving Interpal donations.
- Interpal claimed to sever ties from the Union of Good in 2009 after a review by the U.K. Charity Commission, but subsequent interviews, meetings, and statements (including anti-Semitic, pro-sharia, pro-caliphate, pro-Anwar al-Awlaki comments), and convoys to Gaza indicate that Interpal leadership remains deeply integrated with UoG.
The Gatestone article is entitled “Supporting our Own Demise: Part 1,” which you can read in full at
. Looking forward to Part 2…